MY JOB IS A JOKE ,BUT I'M NOT THE ONE DOING THE LAUGHING!

Its been a cold morning. Too cold that even a hot cup of coffee did nothing for me. Or were they two? The weather this month has been too unpredictable! I say unpredictable because yesterday when I woke up, the sun was bright and shining. However by the time the afternoon came round, things were not so shiny. Something my friends and I frequently refer  to as 'Weather PMSing'. We haven't claimed ownership of the poor weather description cliché' so no need for stone throwing. Well, the reason why I am so focussed on the weather is because it reminds me of my life recently. Undecided as well. Some days I've been waking up feeling on top of the world while some days I just want the ground to swallow me alive.  Yes, I know most people may feel the same way about their lives as well but this is my blog so lets concentrate on my feelings this time round.

My job seems so tedious nowadays and it has done nothing but assure me that I'm in the wrong profession. Yes, I am a statistic. I am one of those people who go to work for the sake of making eager earnings in order to pay my bills. My salary can't be enough to pay for a holiday. And yes I believe going on holiday at least thrice an year is necessarily for the sake of sanity of any individual who does the 8-5 routine for a good chunk of the 365 days.

My job seems not to be giving me any satisfaction and yet I am still at it. To be honest, employment is a trap. Getting used to a monthly pay check that makes you so reliant on that your brain has adopted your way of life as the only way of life. I remember telling a friend of mine about how disgruntled I felt but the response I got was even more heart-breaking. I was informed and I paraphrase that I needed to be more grateful about the fact that I have a job. I was also reminded that there are so many undergraduates and postgraduates who have been tarmacking with no luck of getting any hope for employment and I should therefore quit complaining and count my blessings.
That got  me thinking. Was I really being an ungrateful brat by wanting more from life, from a job. Where do we cross the line from it just being ambitious and being downright ungrateful. At what point in life does one define mediocrity and get oneself away from it?
I am yet to figure this out but when I do ill be sure to let you know.

Comments

  1. Preach it!! Because I feel stuck in that same trap. When you do find a way out please let the rest of us know. We desperately need an out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TRAGEDY ON A WEDNESDAY

Late again! So is today a Tuesday or am I reliving my Monday?

Graft lessons we can learn from the Orient.