"POLY-TICKS"

Over the past couple of weeks I have refrained myself from making political comments during discussions with friends and family or on social media. Don't get me wrong,its not from the lack of bundles from my expensive service provider. Its not that I have been too busy either. And its not that the 140 characters provided by twitter are not enough to "shout out"  a few curse words. I have just been avoiding the heart breaks. Politics in Kenya is worse than that feeling you get once things between you and the person who you think is the love of your life just don't seem to be working out. With every newspaper or bulletin headline, some small part of me dies. I am no Mutahi Ngunyi and I will give no workable theories with tyrannies in them, but surely something has got to be a  miss. Its true,most of us Kenyans don't know much about how this devolved government is supposed to work but excuse me for thinking the politicians seem  to know even less or at least they are doing a great job pretending to. It all started from the talks about their "meager" earnings to  the superior house and the inferior house. Now we are at the disbursing of funds from the national government to the county governments not forgetting the referendum. How did we even get here? Discussing a referendum just barely four months after a general election and a new constitution. At the risk of making myself clear, Raila is an example of what is wrong with Kenyan politics. The extent to which the so called veteran is ready to take things just so as to sooth his ego is just sad. I am not sure who is playing games with the mind of Kenyans but i know this country should not be subjected to a referendum at this point in time just because one man deems it so.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TRAGEDY ON A WEDNESDAY

Late again! So is today a Tuesday or am I reliving my Monday?

Graft lessons we can learn from the Orient.